pop-up just mere months ago, in the penthouse of the Cooper Building downtown, is now going big time to make its mark at Santa Monica Place, even offering with the event a preview of the highly anticipated gourmet food store The Market.
The concept is fantastic - basically an incredibly well curated list of local, sustainable, artisan food producers and purveyors of handmade goods put their passion projects out for guests to taste, try and/or buy. I love hearing people's stories, about where the goods / eats came from, their inspiration, and recommendations for how to use their wares. There are also carefully selected beverage makers mixed in for good measure.
You can read more about my experiences at the inaugural show as well as their Holiday show last year, both huge successes.
I was hooked after the first show, and am excited to see 'old friends' and make new discoveries at this one. Some of the things I can't wait to buy / try:
- Creme Caramel LA - fell in love at the Artisanal LA Holiday show! Amazing bread puddings: love chocolate and of course, bacon flavors. Also love their creme caramel (flan) - all the flavors are delicious!
- Cast Iron Gourmet - three-peat Artisanal LA vendor - must stock up on their addictive bacon chutney!!!
- ChocoVivo - loved from first show - stone-ground, whole-bean, dairy-free hot chocolate mixes!!!
- L'Artisan du Chocolat - glad to see the silverlake boutique expand to the upcoming The Market! Warning: their luscious chocolate truffles infused with everything from basil to anis/honey are addictive!
- Anca's Romanian - I've never had Romanian food and am curious to try!
- Plush Puffs Gourmet Marshmallows - not sure if they'll have these flavors at the show, but maple bacon and orange honey marshmallows from their website sound amazing!
- SQIRL - wanna try their local, sustainable, organic marmalades like Kumquat, and to see if Moro Blood Orange / Tonga Vanilla Bean tastes like a more sophisticated Dreamsicle!
- Eri Sugimoto - the pottery at their Etsy store looks beautiful!
- Bangers and Smashed Gourmet Mashed Potatoes - pretty much had me at "Black Truffle Smashed"
Tickets are just $10 for one day admission or $18 for a weekend pass (pre-sale), $15 at the door. Either way it will be the best $10 / $15 / $18 you've ever spent for a foodie event in LA - but of course you still have time to save $ by buying your presale tickets here!
Note: those weary of traffic and parking being a 'cluster'...valet is offered at the mall, for your car or your bike (bike valet is free, car valet is only available for 3-hours free with restaurant validation).
Artisanal LA Spring Show
Saturday April 16 11am-8pm and Sunday April 17 11am-7pm
Santa Monica Place Level 3 Dining Deck – Event Space
395 Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Event Website: artisanalla.com
Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/artisanalla