Some enterprising and selfless souls have started car-mageddon.com dedicated to all that you need to know about the weekend and ways to survive it. Check out their hilarious PSA-style video:
I'm looking forward to using it as a resource once it fills up with listings.
In the meantime, here's a compilation of my finds as a start. Don't let Carmageddon tar-nish your social life - there are still plenty of things you can do out of the house - here are a few incentives!
Happy Hour / Drink / Meal Deals
- SANTA MONICA:
- Zengo All-night Happy hour in bar Friday 7/15, Also offering other Car-Mageddon discounts all weekend 395 Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica
- The Misfit $4.05 cocktails, beer and wine starting 7pm Friday 7/15 through Sunday close 225 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica
- Barney's Beanery $5 Car Bombs when you mention Car-megeddon! 1351 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica
- Harvelle's $5 Irish Car Bombs and Cadillac Margaritas 1432 4th Ave, Santa Monica
- FIG Santa Monica Fig at Five Friday & Saturday 7/15 & 7/16 5-6pm only 50% off entire menu
- Venokado (at The Market at Santa Monica Place) Buy one get one free wine tasting for you and friends. Sat/Sun only 395 Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica
- Wilshire Restaurant 4-course “405 Sig Alert” dinner $40.05 per person 2454 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica
- Gladstones Choose from select menu items at $4.05 each: Cup O’ Chowder, Rock Shrimp, Calamari, Chips & Salsa, Domestic Draft Beer 17300 Pacific Coast Hwy
- Malibu Wines 40.5% off cases of 2004 or 2005 cabernet wines 31740 Mulholland Highway Malibu
- Tavern (Brentwood) $4.05 cocktails and wines, $10 grilled cheese, $1.01 chocolate chip cookies 11648 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles
- The Glendon Bar & Kitchen Happy Hour Food Pricing all day and all weekend $5 Well Drinks, and $3 Bud Lights mention Carmageddon 1071 Glendon Ave, Los Angeles
- Palomino (Westwood) $4.05 pizza and sangria "Carmageddon" special Sat & Sun 10877 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles
- CULVER CITY:
- Waterloo & City Happy Hour daily 5-7pm. Sample menu here 12517 West Washington Blvd, Los Angeles
- Big Foot West Happy Hour 5-8pm $5 drink specials 10939 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles
- Rush Street 9546 Washington Blvd, Culver City
- Friday: $25 seafood clambake downstairs, summer drink specials at “Carmageddon Beach Party” in sand-filled patio upstairs
- Saturday: $25 seafood clambake, beach party, “F-the-405” Beach Brunch 11am-3:30pm $20 bottomless Bloody Mary Bar and Endless Mimosas.
- Sunday: “F-the-405” Beach Brunch 11am-3:30pm; kids under 12 eat free 5-10pm
- (Update 7/11: Sorry guys, I was advised in error about the 10% off with proof of 90232 residency deal, this is not being offered this weekend afterall)
- BEVERLY HILLS / MID-CITY:
- Trader Vic's Drink Specials $4.05 Draft Beer $4.05 Mai Tai's 4-5pm Fri-Sun 9876 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills
- Providence 5-course 6th anniversary tasting menu $70pp (avail thru July) 5955 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles
- The Foundry on Melrose check in for dinner Fri or Sat for $10 off bill, just mention Carmageddon.
- SAN FERNANDO VALLEY:
- Pinot Bistro House wine $4.05 all weekend. 3 course menu $40.5 Fri + Sat; 3 course Local's night menu $35 Sun 12969 Ventura Blvd, Studio City
- Raphael Car-mageddon Creations: Chilled Karma tequila with a salty lime foam served with bitter orange sangrita, and Nolet Gin with muddled cucumbers and house made lemoncello. 11616 Ventura Blvd, Studio City
- Arclight Sherman Oaks "Carmegeddon Menu" Sat & Sun includes hummus, spinach and strawberry salad with goat cheese, and turkey burger, "405" cocktail and "traffic jam" martini. FREE PARKING at Galleria 7/16 and 7/17 15301 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks
- Drago Centro 20% off dinner bill Fri-Sun mention “Carmaggedon” when you book 525 S Flower St. Suite 120, Downtown Los Angeles
- Umami Burger (All locations except La Brea) All beer and wine specials $4.05 (La Brea location excluded because it does not serve alcohol)
- Tender Greens (All locations) Handcrafted beer on tap - a selection for $4.05
- Vertical Wine Bistro (Pasadena) $5 beer and wine flights all weekend 70 North Raymond Ave, Pasadena
- Cafe del Rey (Marina del Rey) 5% off your bill for every 5 miles driven up to 25% Locals who live closer than 5 miles get a special treat (with proof of residence). Cafe del Rey, 4451 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey
- Ben & Jerry's at the Howard Hughes Center is giving out free scoops of "What A Cluster" from 4-6PM 6081 Center Dr, Los Angeles
- Shutters on the Beach Not affordable for me, but may be for you: "Big Delay Package" three nights (July 15 to 17) $405 a night — regular rate is $610 a night. Includes $75 worth of dry cleaning and to-go breakfast Monday. 1 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica
- Great list of deals for food, shopping, museums and other entertainment via Santa Monica Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Massive list of deals for food, entertainment, shopping via Santa Monica Patch
- Santa Monica Pier is also offering free unlimited-ride passes to guests with a San Fernando Valley ZIP code
Retail Refuge Weekend
- Westfield Century City & Westfield Sherman Oaks Fashion Square July 16 & 17: Shoppers can enter to win the “I Survived the 405” Prize – a $500 gas card, free valet & a car wash once a month for the rest of the year. Additional events, offers, & programs include: Gift card giveaways, live music (12-4pm), free screening of “LA Story” on 7/16 @ 8:30pm.
- Westfield Culver City "Tailgate Party" on Sat & Sun 12-5pm. Best Buy Video Game Tournament and tricycle races with gift cards & 405 themed prizes. 6000 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, CA 90230
- Carmageddon Block Party July 15-17 The Shops at Woodman and Ventura offer food, beverages and special offers by many of the shops (shop at one, get 10% off another). Participating shops include: Melissa Jo Hart’s Sweet Hart’s sweet shop, Freak Beat, NoRoses Gallery and Roni B. and many more.
- Perry's Bikes in Santa Monica is offering bike rental specials July 16-18: $4.05 per hour or $16.02 all-day (normally $10/hr $25/day)
- Metro Rail and Bus Lines - select lines offering free rides July 16 & 17 [via LAist]
- Waze App - get and report live traffic conditions using this app so you can navigate around trouble areas. The app "Waze uses the phone’s sensors to record location and speed for anyone who has it open, and users can add more specific information later if they want." [via Wall Street Journal and LAWeekly]
- 'Fly over the 405' JetBlue offering commuter flights from Long Beach to Burbank for $4 each way Saturday [via LA Times]
- Traffic reports on Sirius XM - has created a dedicated 'Carmageddon' station (Channel 140) to broadcast for 55 hours – beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, July 15 to provide updates to help Los Angelenos navigate through the anticipated mass vehicular chaos.
- Just wanna get outta town for the weekend? Even Vegas is getting in on the Carmageddon action with specials that weekend: Hard Rock Hotel is offering The Carmageddon package featuring 2 or 3 nights in the Casino Tower, a complimentary Cabana and VIP access to Vanity Nighclub. Book your stay by calling 800.343.4346 and asking for 'HCARMA.'